View Single Post
      10-13-2021, 11:57 AM   #85
Tommy-G
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 435 Vert Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebekahb View Post
This isn't living. No matter how healthy you are physically, at some point a continuous work load like this will take you down. I'm all about making money and doing well but what's the threshold or where is the balance? I don't know what the answer is but as Americans we love to be busy and share with others how busy we are. Why? It's become a viscous cycle. This has been on my mind a lot lately.

I'll be interested to see how you like it in Miami this time. I always thought I would love living down there because we are huge boaters and that's a great place. The last few times we were down there I didn't love it as much as I used to.
I always envied the Europeans for their long lunches and abundant "holidays" yet I take a few days off and dont truly know how to relax anymore. Its insane what we as a culture have done to our well being.

As for Miami, my wife and I would travel to Miami a few times a year. We thought once we moved to Florida we would go even more. Being 3 hours away, it seemed like a recipe for long weekends. We have been once in 6 years and now enjoy the Gulf so much more....just my $.02, I know you're familiar with this area too
Appreciate 2
NickyC17679.00
rebekahb3142.50