10-16-2019, 07:28 AM   #51
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
Why you need that much caffeine!?
I need this much caffeine because tiger blood is thick AF and I need a little something extra to keep it coursing through my veins at optimal levels.

Seriously, I used to drink coffee throughout the day until I started paying more attention to my daily intake. I run 100 mph from the time I wake up 4:00-4:30 a.m. until my head hits the pillow at 11:00-11:30 p.m. I don't get near enough sleep throughout the week. Rather than sipping on coffee (that I litter with cream and sugar) all day, I've replaced that with strategically timed drinks of preworkout - WAY less calories and WAAAY more caffeine. I imagine, to those of you who read my posts, there is a clear distinction between my early morning posts/ramblings compared to afternoon/post lunch posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
I'm pretty sure that Now_Rudi has just built up a pretty good tolerance to it.

I remember when Pre-Workout supps first became popular. Most had around 100mg of caffeine in it.

I'm sensitive to stimulants, so couple that along with something like Niacin in the old stuff would have me bouncing off the walls.

Now I see stuff with 200+mg of caffeine, 100mg of teacrine, 20mg yohimbe...all combined into one drink. I wouldn't sleep for a week if I took one of these...and I don't hardly sleep now.

I used to make up my own stimulant free stuff...mainly stuff that enhanced vasodilation for pumps.

Now...I just use some EAA's and Beet Root Powder. EAA to stimulate protein synthesis, and Beets to enhance blood flow.
I'd say my tolerance is up there, but it still hits me pretty well in the morning and right before the gym. I alternate between the drinks I take. In the morning it's usually LIT preworkout (I think 240mg of caffeine) or Mr. Hyde (400mg!). After the gym I drink Growth Surge, which is a pick me, up that has Creatine, Betaine, L-Carnitine and L-Tartrate in it, but lets me sleep due to the lack of caffeine. I also have some LIT postwork out mix, that has about 200mg plus BCAA's in it; that's what I had this morning as I'm still a little sore from Monday nights session of "Teaching the Weights a Lesson."

Last edited by King Rudi; 10-16-2019 at 07:36 AM..
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00