United_States
Rep
Drives: 16' M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieSnuffBox View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRZ06 View Post
AGREED!!

My 2 SS 1LE is actually quieter with less rattles than my M3 had. GM is not what is was regarding interior.

It's more perception rather than fact.

Similar to how most uneducated buyers still buy into "The Ultimate Driving Machine " marketing slogan of the M3/4, which it is clearly not anymore.
When I test drove an SS 1LE awhile back, the ergo's fit my short frame, seat was comfortable.........but it has the same center stack as the silverado's and almost all the other cars in the lineup, so it's not that they were poor materials or layout, it just felt "meh."
That's a subjective opinion.

I'm talking about actual quality, something you feel and hear.

I had to have all 4 door seals on my M3 replaced twice under warranty for squeaking. In the end, they ended up 3Ming all 4 doors.

The center vents had a rattle to them at freeway speeds.

The 2SS trim compares quite nicely to the base M3 interior san for a couple carbon pieces on the M. There is still plenty of plastics in the M3/4.

1 year into ownership on the 2SS 1LE, it is still a much quieter place to be compared to the M3 in regards to squeaks, rattles, noises.

I have no doubt GM will carry this improved interior from the GEN 6 Camaro, to the new C8.

Those who bad mouth them are either reciting something they read or is a perception they have.

GM has stepped up big time in every category.
13' Audi TTRS (APR stage 1, MSS springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' M3 Interlagos Blue: 6sp, Tech.
Appreciate 0