12-27-2023, 01:34 PM   #136
TheMidnightNarwhal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 11' 335is DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2siast View Post
Gotcha. I understand your point now. You’re saying that even if things aren’t “ready for them” i.e. no roads having been developed for cars when horses dominated, roads got built. So your contention is that even though the infrastructure for charging cars isn’t there, it’ll be built.

I agree with your premise. Where it falls short is that 1- BEVs haven’t proven to be the future solution (they just might be), and 2- cars weren’t imposed on horse owners, so the natural progression of car ownership allowed the demand to be there organically so initiative could exist to build roads.
When you impose a certain solution, natural initiatives cannot cope with that unnatural demand.

I have not observed people “hating on EVs”. Most, if not all, love the technology and what those cars can do.
But not love the shoving down their throats.
Yeah that to. Like maybe hydrogen or with F1 planning to go for sustainable gas that might trickle down and be better. Don't get me wrong, I love gas cars to and I think sports cars should still be allowed to be sold ICE for example and most commuters should instead be EV. But yeah that is another argument to go off on.

Over here and around social media I just see a lot of hate based on the EV itself. Like some stupid things where if you drive an EV, somehow you're not a man or don't have a real car and you know just petty highschool bs things like that that really irks me. It's like so stupid. But you're right on here it's probably not like that for most and I may be mixing that up.
Appreciate 4
M2siast5947.50
Cos270608.50
Scrapula2839.50
Canuck335151.00