View Single Post
      07-15-2015, 01:46 PM   #9
SMURFDADDY
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: YMB/SS M4

The car is a completely different experience. Yes, the M4 had more brutal acceleration and torque, but the Cayman is a much more raw and visceral experience. The chassis and balance of the car are excellent and overall it feels more like a sportscar than the M4 which was a bit of a hot-rod 335.

In regards to options, mine has PASM as I opted against X73 which is 10mm lower and non adjustable. I doubt it'll see any track duty so the adjustability and extra clearance is more welcome as the overhang is pretty long and much easier to scrape than the M4. PDK makes M-DCT feel obsolete, and the overall fit and finish of the car is far superior to the BMW. Only complaint I have is for $4,000 , PCM should not feel like Stone Age tech. The BMW iDrive and Connected drive are in a whole different ether and I'm sure Porsche is planning an update for the 981.2/991.2

It's apples to oranges really. The BMW was awesome and at times I miss it, but then I remember that Im driving one of the best sports cars reasonable money can buy you.
Appreciate 1