View Single Post
      04-25-2019, 01:35 PM   #70
rlmesq
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff113 View Post
I tend to agree, despite having a Ninja myself. The reckless ones almost always lack gear, which I find ironic. Often they are riding around in shorts and a t-shirt, usually riding an older 600cc supersport.
They're commonly called squids. I always notice the first squid of spring.

I wadded a brand new Yamaha R6 a few years back when a car suddenly came into my lane on the Northern California coast, trying to pass a truck with a camper shell across double yellow lines, and I grabbed a whole bunch of brake.

I fractured a thumb (thought it was my wrist) and the bike was totaled, so I called my neighbor and asked him grab my truck and pick me up. He was thoughtful enough to bring a t-shirt, shorts and flip flops so I would be more comfortable.

When we got to the emergency room in Ukiah, the triage nurse started going off on me about riding without proper gear because it looked like I had road rash above my knees. It was actually impact tattooing from the lining of my rs-Taichi race suit.

I told her that I probably would have been an airlift if I wasn't wearing some of the best gear available and invited her to go out to my truck and look at the suit, Arai helmet and Held gloves that had done their job in saving my life, but gave their own in the process.
Appreciate 0