04-25-2019, 01:41 PM   #71
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlmesq View Post
They're commonly called squids. I always notice the first squid of spring.

I wadded a brand new Yamaha R6 a few years back when a car suddenly came into my lane on the Northern California coast, trying to pass a truck with a camper shell across double yellow lines, and I grabbed a whole bunch of brake.

I fractured a thumb (thought it was my wrist) and the bike was totaled, so I called my neighbor and asked him grab my truck and pick me up. He was thoughtful enough to bring a t-shirt, shorts and flip flops so I would be more comfortable.

When we got to the emergency room in Ukiah, the triage nurse started going off on me about riding without proper gear because it looked like I had road rash above my knees. It was actually impact tattooing from the lining of my rs-Taichi race suit.

I told her that I probably would have been an airlift if I wasn't wearing some of the best gear available and invited her to go out to my truck and look at the suit, Arai helmet and Held gloves that had done their job in saving my life, but gave their own in the process.
I've had my motorcycle license for about 10 years now and refuse to buy a bike. Like even if I was wrapped in a CF shell I would still bugout. I legit had drump trucks today on the highway weaving through traffic as if they had m3s. Like one was tailing gating me at 85mph....people are str8 assholes on the road; more so everyday. Honk at someone; and your the bad guy for rushing someone of their bad day. "dONT HONK AT ME FOR CROSSING in you lane; you shoulda slowed down! your crazy! your wound up! lmaooo
Appreciate 0