SAMM3Y
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFCM3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMM3Y View Post
Because they're vulnerable and are actually helping decongest traffic. Just out of common courtesy you should yield to motorcyclists and by that I mean get over a bit if they're lane splitting, give them ample cushion don't tailgate, don't cut them off! Try and make eye contact with riders let them know you're there, all of which is taught throughout Europe when you're learning to drive. The thing is in California they print driver licenses on toilet paper and hand them out to anyone so none of this is ever taught and motorcyclists are hardly considered.
eh, its a choice to ride. nobody rides out of necessity. if i see a bike trying to make their way thru traffic i always move over. However that isnt always the case, as some riders just blast down the split lane before drivers even see that they are there. I would feel more empathy if i hadnt had 4 mirrors knocked off my various cars by lane splitters dawning cargo packs on both sides of their bikes. Do they stop to apologize or exchange insurance, no they just keep going like fuck you. so yah, i dont go out of my way to be a dick, but at the same time i dont feel like i owe bikers anything.
No one rides out of necessity? Really? You don't think it's some people's only form of transportation? Don't you work in the city where there's no parking and terrible traffic? Do you know how much cheaper a bike is to run than a car? That's definitely the most ignorant thing I've read on the Internet today..