View Single Post
      02-05-2021, 04:40 PM   #13
Geradeaus
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Garage List
First Lease

I decided to lease a vehicle for the first time in my life with this Z4 acquisition. Normally I pay cash for a car and drive it for 10-20 years. My current 14 year-old RX-350 has 130,000 miles and still looks and drives great. But with the Z4 I wasn't sure if it was a car I would be happy with long-term. I'm not getting any younger and if it gets too uncomfortable getting in and out of the roadster - it's gone at lease end with very little hassle. If I decide I want the M40i instead of the 4-banger - it's gone. If BMW brings back European Delivery - it's gone. If they add some must-have options or elements to the 2024 model - it's gone.

I'm hopeful that I'll love the car and at lease-end decide to keep it. I'll pay the inflated residual and be happy I have a car I know was well cared for and treated great. Happily at this point in my life spending a few thousand dollars extra (lease vs buy) doesn't bother me, so if it makes me happy I'm good. There's also a chance I may get lucky and invest the $50,000 I get to hold onto by leasing in the next Gamestop craziness and buy a Ferrari instead!
Appreciate 1
DocWho86.50