Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Mercedes “sorry” for Hamilton’s race-losing pit stop

Mercedes “sorry” for Hamilton’s race-losing pit stop

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2015/05/2...sing-pit-stop/

Mercedes executive director Toto Wolff apologised to Lewis Hamilton after a pit strategy error cost him an almost-certain victory in the Monaco Grand Prix.

Hamilton was leading comfortably when Mercedes chose to bring him into the pits during a late Safety Car period. It proved a misjudgement which cost him the race, allowing Nico Rosberg and Sebastian Vettel past.

“There is nothing else to do than apologise to Lewis,” said Wolff, “it was a misjudgement in the heat of the moment”.

“I’m sorry for Lewis that we made the mistake and I’m sorry for Lewis. It should have been a perfect one-two today. We made a decision and it was the wrong decision. We need to analyse it and to apologise to Lewis.”

“I’m sure we’ll sit down afterwards and try and think of ways we can improve,” said Hamilton after the podium ceremony.

“It was not the easiest of races,” he added. “The team has been amazing all year long. We win and lose together. I’m just grateful for the job they did. Congratulations to Nico and Sebastian.”