Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.85]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
I have not compared pre-built to custom in depth. However when I have done a quick comparison on costs I didn't find you save THAT much by building it yourself. I'm sure these PC builders get much better deal on parts etc. I personally enjoy building it and trying to get deals on each component, however if you want plug and play going pre-built is fine.

As everyone else has said though. I would wait until you can get one of the new Nvidia cards on the pre-built. Not sure if the builders already have access to these or not, but defintley wait until you can get it with one of the new RTX cards.
What do you think of this?

https://www.microcenter.com/product/...aming-computer

Or should I really just wait for the new card? I think I'll be able to play pretty much any game with this rig and get the new card after Christmas or whenever. Maybe sell the one this comes with?

A few questions: is this power supply enough? Any bottlenecks in this build? RAM? Is this a decent price? If I can build this myself and save $200 I'd rather just have them do it honestly.

Also I'm looking to hook up at least two monitors and the Oculous. Any downsides to using a usb-c port as opposed to a DisplayPort for either the oculous or a monitor?

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 0