11-12-2010, 04:03 PM   #83
Sylon
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, SG/CR, 6MT, M-Sport

Garage List
2011 135i  [9.20]
This game doesnt compare to BC2, but its still fun for being something new. I like the extra features, like gun customization, video recording (when it works), and combat training. But visually, and the fact it has dedicated servers, BC2 is leaps and bounds better.

But because of that, I think BC2 and BO should be put into 2 different catagories of FPS games. Yes, they are competitors within the same genre, but they are very different games for very different players. So, for me at least, BC2 and BO fills both ends of the FPS genre.

How does BO hold up against MoH? Well, unfortunately MoH doesnt have the backing that COD or the Battlefield games do. Its like a brand new Italian supercar company trying to go up against Lambo or Ferrari. Now, although that worked out for Pagani in the car world, only time will tell if it will work for MoH in the FPS gaming world. Many have tried, many have failed. I personally really like MoH. Its visually better than Black Ops and MW2, and its not unbalanced. I think the reason why people dont like it is because it entered th scene kinda light. It had a few maps, nothing really ground breaking, and didnt have too much as far as customization. If EA expects this to stand up to COD or (its own) Battlefield franchises, then DICE is going to need to come up with a bit more incentives as far as DLC to keep it going. Do I think it will last? Probably not, unfortunately.

So, back to Black Ops. Online is just as as good as you would expect a P2P would be. Its hit and miss depending on your level of lag and ping. My favorite mode is Combat Training, its a great way to get some built up frustration out, warm up before tackling the online mode, or make yourself feel better when online isnt working out for you. Its also a nice way to test out setups and kill streaks. I just wish the damn bots would stop using last stand so I can get some awesome multi-sniper-kills, lol.

Online though, I managed to get up to lv32 I think in just a couple days playing, sitting around a 1.12 kdr, which is much lower than what I had in MW2 and COD4 (1.25), but a lot lower than I have now in MoH (1.55).

2011 BMW 135i | Space Gray | ///M-Sport | BMW CCA #450291
Facebook / Instagram / YouTube / Twitter
Appreciate 0