View Single Post
      09-26-2019, 05:55 PM   #15
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
Interesting that as i write this, more than 70% of the poll respondents would pick a car that was launched when Dubya was president, instead of the newest and best that Ford has to offer
Ford has always been a step behind with their chassis, whether it’s IRS, fitting actually wide tires, reducing weight with the IRS, etc. Finally with PP2 they have something to go up against the 1LE, but that’s been beating the GT350 and close to the R for all our performance. Not even getting into ZL1 and ZL1 1LE trims. And on top of that you have C7 gran sports, z06s and ZR1s. It’s not that a GT350 or GT500 is bad...it’s just 5-10 years too late. I’m not sure what Fords mentality is with this, ultimately selling is the goal, not necessarily performance, so that might be part of it, but ford is notorious for doing things like skinny tires on V8s, solid axles, over-powered chassis with little control, etc. The 350 was the first serious car they made in a long time, then PP2 the second. The 500 probably won’t be bad, but I’d rather have a whole bunch of other cars that will likely be more balanced and drivable.
Appreciate 0