View Single Post
      12-04-2019, 09:46 PM   #1217
Flacht3
Not Enough Garage Space
Rep
Drives: STO /765LTS/ Macan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Have you ever sat in a 911? I have, several. They are bland AF. From what I can see of the C8, I'd agree it's nicer inside.
I guess to each their own? Every porsche I've sat in had a very refined (albeit simple) interior and that's the beauty...nothing too tacky or ridiculous colors and overdoing the styling. Simple but "tasteful", if you will.

I've driven a C7 Z06 and sat in the C8. It's an improvement but still feels a bit clunky IMO but hey taste differs. My GT3 interior is simple (especially compared to the Lambos and Ferraris I've been in) but that's part of the allure...it's about having just enough and not too much.

I also consider BMW interiors to be mostly simple and bland. Even my M4 felt like it was cutting corners on quality. The difference is everything in the Porsche just feels solid. Leather and trim in my F82 felt like it was the same discount stuff you'd find in a base 3 series.

Also in typical Porsche fashion, you get what you pay for. Sure, a basic interior with sofa seats and lacking full leather will feel cheaper and more like a F10, F30, etc. But once you start checking off options and going for full leather, alcantara, carbon, well...it's an entirely different league and far from boring, but hey YMMV.
Attached Images