View Single Post
      12-05-2019, 09:43 AM   #1222
Conissah
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Very true when talking absolutes. But if you're comparing two cars with similar straight line performance and one has significantly faster lap times, chances are it will be more sorted in regular conditions or in inclement weather.

I fully agree that people get way too caught up in magazine data. I'll always choose a lighter, simpler car over a faster one. But that's partially from experience of owning both and recognizing the difference.
I could argue the opposite. If 2 cars do similar 1/4 mile times and trap about the same speed, and 1 is faster on a track with bends, would that mean it is a rougher and more uncomfortable ride and is less forgiving?

On the street, you will likely never see the limitations of the car (hopefully), so a car that's quicker around the track means nothing. I buy cars for how they make me feel and how fun they are, not for their times. Hell, for what I spent on my M2C I could've picked up a used Hellcat, which would obviously be MUCH faster in a straight line, but I don't care for them. Plus this 400hp car already feels like it's going to get me in trouble, I don't need 707.
Appreciate 0