10-12-2021, 06:52 AM   #49
CJ421
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by goat30i View Post
What, you aren't driving Sport Individual?

Mine lives in Sport individual, unless throwing into cruise control. Shoot, that reminds me, dang thing kicked itself out of Sport Individual and into Comfort in the middle of a hands on wheel, steady state nothing happening drive. Was driving along, happily doing TX speed limit, and suddenly, I thought my engine / trans /something died. . . less revs, pressing gas didn't have exact same effect, etc. Took me a second to realize that it switched itself into Comfort--read about that happening to somebody else, but first time it happened to me and it was a big check systems ready to hit ejection lever moment.
I experienced that random change from sport to comfort on a few occasions, never figured out why it did that.

Agreed on Sport individual. I like how the Z4 engages your last-used sport setting when you press the Sport button. One of the reasons I like BMWs, little details like that.
Slightly off-topic, but taking that attention to detail a step further - before I shut off my car, I put it in manual fan mode at half speed (4 bars) and maximum temperature for 30 seconds to clear the A/C condenser and dry out the system (avoids the moldy smell). I then hold the fan down button for one second which turns the system off, a little shortcut instead of pressing the down button a bunch of times. The attention to detail bit: holding the down button for one second does reduce the # of fan bars by one before it shuts the system off. But, next time you go back into manual fan mode, it will have the same # of bars as it did before you held it down. I.e., the system realized you wanted to turn it off and not reduce the fan speed.

Charles