View Single Post
      08-27-2016, 12:15 AM   #85
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 335 e93

Quote:
Originally Posted by rex imperatur View Post
Stop twisting facts. Model S P100D gets 315 miles per charge compared to BMW M5 338 miles per tank of gas. How's that for a comparison. I don't know where you get the 200 miles figure unless you're talking about the entry level 60 kWh that gets 210 miles. Furthermore, all cars driven hard will suffer in the range they achieve. That reality is as true to EV's as it is to ICE cars. 99% of the time, an EV owner will wake with a full charge. Now say you wake in the morning with 315 miles range on your car, under what circumstance will you, out of the blue, need to drive more than that unless you had planned it. If that should ever happen, I'm sure the Supercharger network can address that; or even Chademo quickcharge stations as Teslas have no problem using Chademos.

When Ludicrous speed upgrade was launched, Tesla had promised it to all about 20% faster acceleration to 155 mph, the performance models' top speed. Now with the P100D, that top end power is even more potent. What else need Tesla do to be taken seriously (2.5 0-60, mid 10 sec quarter mile, and quicker acceleration to top speed)? The car is surely not going to massage your feet.
Even the ludicrous speed model would hold a candle to my e93 over 30 mph. Lol.
As for range, an M5 is not an example of a typical car. In its tiny niche of 100k cars which you refuse to leave, the tesla is drab and boring. In the real world of 30k cars it can't compete. Range of a Chevy malibu for example is about 500 miles. And I don't go to sleep when I hit 300 miles. I arrive at my destination. Then a few hours later I go back. 99% of places I go do not have a way for me to charge. So what am I supposed to do? Beg to use someone's outlet? Park 10 miles away and wait?

I'm saying the tesla and electrics will never be mass market until these flaws are overcome. There are 30k options avaluable for years. Yet electrics still only acount for 0.4% of total car sales worldwide. For something available for the better part of a decade, they sure aren't winning over the masses.

And if you think an ipad with tires is more desirable than an M5 or S63, wtf planet are you from?
Appreciate 2
RABAUKE4658.00
feuer4275.50