11-20-2007, 05:44 PM   #547
M0011
Major General
Rep
Drives: ∞ Improbability Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Divine fallacy-
When I get to the point that I can't understand those forces that seem to defy any logic or experimentation, I call upon that creative force that made all of this God.
I don't give up hope, or I wouldn't be reading/discussing this here, nor reading journals that advance the scientific understanding. Yes, I am guilty of trying to mold that into an understanding of what I call God. If that makes me less of a person in your eyes, then so be it. I may be second in line in your line, but first in my own line. They may or may not lead to the same place, but that's where I choose to stand.

Just out of respectiful curiosity, do you consider light a particle or a wave? I've never been able to get past that one
My fellow man, you are not anything but cool in my eyes. You question. You are not sure. Wave or particle? That's what science is all about...we are figuring things out. We are very young at this. Gringos. But we don't give up and say: Well I cant figure it out so it must be the Skydaddy that made it. Game over....

Just because wedon't understand something, we don’t have to "invent" something more complex, supernatural, to explain it. Be patient. It takes years, decades to get to the bottom of things.

We (humans) are where we are because of our ability to critically think and find out what works the best. We are not the biggest, the fastest, but we can THINK and thinking is QUESTIONING. There are no AUTHORITIES. If you can prove that gravitational constant is not 9.81 m/s^2 you will get a Nobel prize. Science encourages people that challenge authority. Unlike religion.

You question, therefore you think.

I said that.