Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 Z4 M40i

Garage List
2020 Z4 M40i  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brake_Late View Post
.. looking at the brakes ... I was sort of shocked and definitely disappointed by what I saw for such a performance oriented car - these brakes look like they came from the 80s.
From Motor Trend: The 2020 Toyota Supra comes standard with 13.7-inch ventilated steel brake rotors up front, which are clamped down by large four-piston calipers. In back, there are single-piston floating calipers. Brembo is a reputable supplier of high-performance brake systems, so seeing Brembos on the Supra is no surprise. What is surprising to me is that, for some reason, the calipers were left unbranded. If I were a Supra owner, I'd want to show off my beefy stock brakes with Brembo-stamped calipers at every possible opportunity.

and: Brembo 13.7-inch front brakes with 4-piston calipers arrest the speed, no matter how fast the Supra is going. The only performance option is larger rear brakes; 13.0-inch rotors are standard, while 13.6-inch rotors are optional and both are clamped down upon by single, floating calipers.

It’s the end of a 5-hour track day and the brakes have never faded and the car has remained stable even under the heaviest braking. I expected it to bobble during braking given its short wheelbase.

...and another; The stamina of the engine pushes the car past 100 miles per hour on Summit Point's shortened back straight (in this case due to cones), but the big four-piston Brembo brake calipers and 13.7-inch rotors provide ample stopping power.

IIRC, I saw a 60-0 distance of 97 ft......for comparison, the 15" "superperformance" brakes on my Jaguar F type were good for 103 ft.

It would appear the brakes work well..... so now about the HP on the Z4...

Dave
Appreciate 1
Brake_Late1936.50