yaymitch
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2CS & 2022 RSQ8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarifast View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaymitch View Post
I see that now. Were you able to get a full day out of it? How much time did you get on the track with you driving? When I called they said it was only 2 hours and very limited time on the track with me behind the wheel. Didn't seem worth it considering I am in Texas.

The thing is when you call, the people behind the phones know absolutely nothing. Me and my cousin were schedule to go together on 7/24, we were told there will not be any M cars whatsoever. I backed out because of that (I live in NJ, and this was in SC). He went there and he got to drive Z4M40, M2C, M4C, X5MC).

When I heard about that, I signed up again to go, and I got to drive Z4M40, M2C, M4C, and M8C.

I got an insane amount of track time for a free event. I want to say roughly 45 minutes. There were a total of four people in my event, and the instructor did say that because there's only 4 people here, we are getting extra drive time since we don't have to switch as often.

I enjoyed track driving a lot, and I would've gone even if I was based in TX since there isn't much to travel for these days anyways. However, it's probably best to book a one day M-school, and do New Owner's Track Drive the day before the M school.

I had never been to PDS East before, so it was an experience for me regardless..Plus I have been eyeing an M8C for awhile now, especially since I'm not feeling the G8x grills. For me, I got the opportunity to drive the M8C on the track for several laps. That alone made the whole experience extremely worth it.

I think the cars aren't guaranteed though, so don't bank on driving the M8.
Appreciate the response, very helpful. After talking to the person on the phone, I was a bit discouraged. Good idea to book a 1-day event on the backend. I'll be reconsidering this now.