04-25-2020, 12:49 PM   #1268
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckle View Post
It not hard to clean if you do it by hand. I wait until I am doing a 25% water change and use a sponge mommy. I like the tank because it fits in a corner and does not take up much space. We keep ours in our eat in kitchen where we eat most meals and can enjoy the fish while enjoying food. We have had this tank for about 6 months and it's our first. We have lost 8-9 fish so far but I think we are finally getting the hang of it. We were getting ready to add more before covid. Right now we have two angels, black shark, parrot fish and two silver dollars.

We are planning on getting a 135gal for our dining room in the future. Saltwater fish are so freaking cool, I am just concerned we don't have the room for all the equipment needed to keep it running well. I can live with the work and the failure early on just not sure where I could put it. I am planning on putting the tank on top of the piece of furniture attached. All equipment would have to fit below. Thoughts?
One of my previous bosses (owner of the business) had a huge saltwater tank in the front lobby of our building. You could see through into his office from the reception area so it was built into the wall.

In his office, he had all the hardware below it in a custom built cabinet.

He never said what he paid for it, but I expect it was a lot. He had it professionally maintained.

It was impressive. Probably measured almost 8ft long and 4ft wide.