Quote:
Originally Posted by MDuckie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM33 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ynguldyn View Post
I have found several independent confirmations of this.

One more F87 M2 model is possible. Just looking at timing, it should be something very special, with a very short production run. And it will be US only.

Top post updated with this and also another M2 version.)
Is this M2 version a CSL? Any confirmation about production dates?

To me...if you are going to make an M2 racing.. then they should be making an extra 1000 of everything and make a CSL just like they did back when they made the E30 M3 sport evo ..

I deduced this many moons ago once I saw the timing of when the M2 ends , and knowing how BMW sells M2 when they cannot sell M4 ..

The EOP for the M2 is 6/21 and there simply is time ( despite the protestations of others ) for an additional model and why not call it CSL.

As I said when I placed a photo of it on my computer in 2016... just take the moto GP M2 race car and put a price tag on it !

It shouldn't have taken BMW years to figure this out .. but then again ..perhaps indeed, these things are planned years out , and BMW product planning hasn't change much since the 1980s .. bring the special editions at the VERY end.
They aren't going to revive the legendary CSL designation on an old model nor their entry level M model.
Sure they will. Or i should say.. if they have balls they will.

M8 CSL - as an flagship track model
M4 CSL. - as an M4 sendoff
M2 CSL - one year delay - see above

Next year in 2020.
I'm just going to stick with wanting an M2CS, with a manual.

Honestly I'm getting fed up with the run around and the rumours. I wanted the most hardcore version of the M2. However I think that the F87 is already the best chassis BMW makes currently as a "driver's car" the bigger models are great GT cars, but unless you go to the GTS/CSL, they start to fall flat.

Plus, it's hard to justify more than one of the same model, even if it's different like CS to CSL
I am with you man.
I just can't wait anymore.
I buy cars every 6 months yo a year and now this waiting is kicking mine ....