View Single Post
      08-30-2019, 09:28 AM   #44
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Rep
Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
Relax, dude - tone is sometimes a struggle to grasp via internet text. I was being tongue in cheek - I wasn't trying to be condescending to you - I like and respect you.

Read my post again as if I was smiling while saying it and see if that helps. I don't think you are against anything that I am saying.

I was simply speaking to the masses with respect to your post - that the way to solve it could be many - but government intervention is MOST CERTAINLY NOT the way - and nearly never is.

The easiest solution would be to make getting student loans just as difficult as any other uncollateralized loan. That would reduce demand substantially, which in tern would solve two issues. (1) It would force colleges to lower prices to keep up enrollment figures and (2) less people would go to college and that would increase the worth of the degrees in general.
I'm glad to hear it was unintentional, but the repeated "Naw, couldn't be" came across as extremely condescending, FYI.

FWIW, I agree that government meddling is not the way to "fix" the college tuition issues.

The point I was trying to make is that college is apparently very unique when it comes to inflationary pricing of its goods/services within our marketplace over the recent past.