vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorLurker View Post
Just had my house repiped with pex. I think I paid the guys by how many holes they cut in my ceiling and walls.
Fortunately, my house is small, one floor, and has basement/crawlspace access underneath. The sheetrock damage should be minimal, and is concealed under cabinets in many cases.

The clear liquid that comes out of our well eats metal even after multi-stages of treatment, and we are cobbling in patches to the copper pipes every few months as they rupture. I want to replace everything with PEX, home-run to a central 100% plastic distribution manifold with shutoff knobs for every fixture. Ideally, I don't want a single piece of metal anywhere in the water system, but will have to live with two metal 90 degree elbows and a short pipe on each side of the UV light since two bends are required to keep the UV from destroying the PEX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G35POPPEDMYCHERRY View Post
easy just have the people across the border come to US to fix your house
Our local Home Depot locations have rental tools, rental trucks, and rental day laborers standing at the curb if you show up at 7:00 AM.....