View Single Post
      10-30-2020, 01:13 PM   #27
jcard71
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Audi A6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixitt View Post
Not having a lot of stamina in my old age nor wishing to shell out $200 for products I'd only use once I paid a mobile detailer $150 to wash, clay and de-iron my X5 in my drive. Car was about 6 months old but he replied when asked that it was best to prep well including a de-iron job. Detailer used the Optimum brand.

Before I applied the CQuartz my wife would wipe down the clean car with a diluted solution of 70% Iso. alcohol changing out small cloths often. This insures any and all "stuff" including any residual petrol products is off your paint.

Work in small areas at a time. Stuff goes on and comes off easily. I spent hours looking at video tests on line and CQuartz beat most if not all with some videos comparing up to 30 products over a long time of weather exposure torture of heat, rain, etc.

2 coatings I'll apply on a new Z4 are CQuartz and a ceramic leather coating on the seats and trim. If you choose to seal the seats make sure and vacuum well first. After research I settled on this one. https://gyeonquartz.com/product/leather-shield/

Also bought the Gyeon Mild leather cleaner.

No reason to pay a mortgage to a "pro" to prep the car for coating.

Thanks for this info. I just got a quote from a place in Boston for $1,499 to get the Z4 prepped and ceramic coating....

I'm going to try and go your path and hire someone to prep.
Appreciate 0