10-30-2020, 09:37 PM   #12
Romer
BMW and Toyota Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 Z4 sDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmouth Studio View Post
According to the instruction, G series should use diagnostic mode, push start button for 3 times WITHOUT pushing the brake. Engine will not turn on.

I think OBDLink MX is the best because all function in Bimmercode can be used.
Thanks for the tip on Diagnostic mode

All my functions in Bimmercode work. I was told that FOR BMW the LX and MX function exactly the same. The MX has capabilities to work on other vehicles. If it had more capability I would have spent the extra $40 and gotten the MX. I don't mind spending money for capability, but I see no reason to just throw it away

On the OBDII site the specs on the LX and MX are pretty much the same with respect to OBDII except on the MX page it states " plus advanced Ford & GM vehicle networks (MS-CAN and SW-CAN). "

on the LX page it says "Consider purchasing MX+ if you need access to the proprietary Ford & GM vehicle networks (MS-CAN and SW-CAN) in addition to the standard OBD-II protocols."

so if you are only using it on a BMW, the functionality is the same except a $40 price difference

https://www.obdlink.com/products/obdlink-lx/