View Single Post
      11-28-2020, 07:50 PM   #30
HeelToeShift
Major
Rep
Drives: Mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaMMM View Post
Liked the front end until you guys said catfish, now it's all I can see.

Negligible power increase vs .2. Have yet to get into all of the technical details, but will be interesting to see how it's differentiated from behind the wheel. Has to be pretty darn incremental, I'd think.

the more purposeful and track-focused, the better imo. It's what they're good for.

Preuninger's instincts are just spot on. Made one error with no manual in 991.1, then corrected it. Looks at the 992 shifter nub, says no, puts in something that would be fun to interact with. He's a proper driving enthusiast. Other brands could benefit from similar guys at the helm.
Based on everything I’ve heard and gathered from the Harris and Catchpole interviews it seems like this 992 GT3 has upped the ante to being more akin to the .2 RS. While you usually see the trickle down of some RS in the next gen car you don’t see quite so much as the 992 has received. I expect this car will perform above the level of a .2 3RS.
I am glad to see it still has a manual available (which is almost like being able to get a manual RS now per my thoughts above) and that the weight has not increased despite the 992s overall larger dimensions. AP really does seem like such a genuine car guy who knows exactly how to implement and deliver the more pure and joyful motoring experience.
Appreciate 2
Holset272.50
FormulaMMM3662.50