08-26-2018, 03:03 PM   #51
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallybull View Post
This is just nuts. Pure FUD peddled by the coal and gas lobby!! Yes the lobby and their followers do not want electric cars. The rest do. Even if the lithium has to travel half way across the world, what about the 100,000 miles of non air polluting drive that you get after the car is built???
You sure not one of those Tesla short sellers?
Won't you take a 30 minute bio/food break during your 8 hour drive to be able to use a supercharger?
I don’t want ane electric car either! EVER !

Not green, not healthy, like you said, lobbyst washing your brains.
Please go and buy your non green EMF tissue damaging vehicle and leave the rest of us alone.

I want a car that is ready for me to go wherever, whenever, not to be dependent on the charge or other BS.
The total embedded CO2 for the making of a gasoline-powered car is 5.6 tonnes. By contrast, it takes 8.8 tonnes to make an electric vehicle and the battery accounts for nearly half of that. So electric vehicles arrive on the street with a higher carbon footprint even before you plug them in. And that footprint gets uglier if the electricity comes from coal-fired power. Not to mention that thee will be a need for a certain recycling procedure and that will ad soon to your vehicle cost (see electronics recycling tax). And pollution after the battery is dead. And mining for materials. And , and...
Now, please take your crappy sparking box from Calgary to Vancouver at -40 Celsius (battery life gets under half, and add to that your heating and lights as well) and tell me how you will enoy a break in the woods while the bear will bring you a jug of power.

I want my vacuum wired, ready to vacuum when I want not when is charged. I dictate my life, my schedule, my breaks.
And no, I don’t want a break. Pathetic excuse.

Take your electric, buy it, use it, do what you please but stop feeding me your lack of knowledge.
Are you happy? Good. No need to get our aproval. Go on your merry way, enjoy your electric box and leave the rest of us alone!

Last edited by Teutonic; 08-26-2018 at 03:18 PM..
Appreciate 4
JRobUSC861.00
Win42.00