View Single Post
      09-14-2019, 06:06 PM   #1
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 X3 & 13 335is E93

VET is on the cover of the latest F1 Racing magazine and it's not good....

SPECIAL REPORT
UNRAVELING SEBASTIAN VETTEL
Inside the mind of a world champion who's lost his way

Not many of us will walk by a magazine rack today and find a picture of themselves on the cover, with a quote like the one above....

I'm reading the article now, and it highlights pics and a few of VET's recent misgivings in words:

These are quotes from the article....

VET vs HAM was the most anticipated F1 match-up of recent times but HAM very much has the upper hand at the moment.

Baku 2017: a red-mist moment, crucial in that season's title fight between HAM and VET. VET incurred a 10-second time penalty for deliberately driving into HAM prior to the second Safety Car restart in retaliation for what he perceived to be a brake test.

VET's error in Germany 2018, sliding off in light rain when leading, handed the race and championship lead to HAM and he was always playing catch-up from that point.

VET's attempt to hold off HAM in Italy 2018 ended badly for the German, as did his contest with the Mercedes driver in Canada 2019 when a first win of the season seemed inevitable. VET felt the stewards robbed him of that race and he switched the placement of the Park Ferme' P1 and P2 signs.

The mistakes have kept on coming. At Silverstone 2019 VET locked up and slammed into VER at Vale while trying to regain third.

In my own words....

And I should add the Singapore 2018 start when VET was involved in a massive shunt, taking out multiple cars.

I remember the four consecutive WDC's during his dominance with RBR....those were his best days, it appears.

Can he recover his winning form?

Will Scuderia Ferrari make a call to bring in another 21 year old?

Last edited by racerbruce; 09-15-2019 at 02:32 PM..
Appreciate 1