View Single Post
      05-07-2021, 06:55 AM   #1596
JRock80
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X5M F85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fender150 View Post
My 2 cents, although i wanna see fireworks, team bosses dont see it the same way.

Schumacher always had a say in who his teammate was, we all so rubens B......

Nelson piq tried to veto senna out after he had won the wdc.

Senna vetoed derek warwik out of lotus in 86

Schumi even had a say in who replaces Massa and didnt want kimi in
The 2007 ferrari when not there

Winners are super competitive and jeaulous, they want all the resources and attention on them, it has been going on for decades. Lh is hardly new, im sure jos verst. Had also vetoed drivers for his son. Happens all the time. Why is this even a topic lol. Read some f1 history
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Mate .MAX has an escape clause in his RB contract .
Over the years Merc accepted the crazy crashes from "Crashmilton" .
The HAM vs Rosberg crash was just one of the craziest ever...Toto Wolff said : It was like "Star Wars" !
Wolff added in his statement : "MAX vs HAM" would be "The War of the Worlds" !
By this Wolff just said how fast MAX actually is ...That's why I see Wolff's statement as a compliment !
If Toto had ever wanted Verstappen in the Mercedes he would already be in there.
Verstappen may not be the smartest but he knows his only chance of winning a DWC anytime soon is if he can take Hamiltons seat.
If ever offered he would take that seat in a heartbeat and for $buttons...Yet there he is, still stuck in the Red Bull.

Toto/Mercedes are sticking with Hamilton not only because he is the better more talented driver but also because he is a global brand and an excellent ambassador for Mercedes....and well worth the extra salary and conditions (whatever they might actually turn out to be).

They have no interest in swapping Hamilton for Verstappen, a entitled whinny brat who puts himself before the team...blaming everyone and everything for his failures and mistakes. And thats before his sketchy abilities and propensity to crash into other drivers and trackside barriers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
^ Rubbish. If Hamilton walked (and I hope he does) then there would be a breath of fresh air in F1 and new opportunities for others. F1 is being strangled by greedy Merc with their unfair advantage taken with their corporate clout. The sooner the whole F* shebang goes then F1 will return to normality and proper fans will return.
F1 has always been this way...McLaren/Ferrari/Red Bull/Mercedes have all had winning streaks.
One teams finds a sweet spot for their design and the FIA keep changing the regulations to try and even the playing field.
Mercs time will pass and a different team will come to the front.
"Proper fans" aren't the ones who only turn up to idolize one driver...the Dutch fans will most all disappear once Verstappen leaves just as Schumacher fans did in the past and no doubt some Hamilton fans will be the same.
The actual proper fans have seen drivers come and go...they watch for the racing.
Myself I wouldn't be unhappy if Hamilton decided to retire...he will go down in history as one of the all time greats.
Sadly for you pair Verstappen will not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualEcho View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Well guys , "The Verstappen clause" is just one of Lewis Hamilton's Mercedes contract demands !
Hamilton's demand is such a shame for motorsports ! "Being the 7 time F1 World Champion" !?!?!
"Cowardice" is one of Hamilton's contract demands !!!

"If" Lewis Hamilton is the best , the "GOAT". I really wonder for who he's afraid of ?

The answer is pretty simple : The name is "MAX" Max-Verstappen !!!

"THE VERSTAPPEN CLAUSE" in Hamilton's contract demand is a shame for motorsports !!!
You write like you work for the National Enquirer.

Maybe Lewis just wants to control the team around him in order to keep producing the best results?

Walk in his shoes, then judge, and not before.
AGREED!!!
Appreciate 0