View Single Post
      01-29-2020, 09:19 PM   #15
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllSic_Design View Post
That's exactly how Amazon, and the sellers selling on Amazon using inventory/re-pricing software, works. That's the way it is, no way around it. Inventory software is constantly tracking stores inventory/pricing, so if a price moves, you can be sure the software is going to adjust for it as quickly as it realizes it(next scan of invent.).

PS; I also sell on Amazon.
Regardless, it's a stupid system as it never was this bad a couple of years ago. There was a mention about being able to find the same item cheaper outside of Amazon. Yes, I do shop outside of Amazon and have found it cheaper there. But lately, the same item outside of Amazon is tracking at the same price as the Amazon price. I guess this is the Amazon effect. And the retailer that sells on Amazon that has their own online store is tracking with the same price. So it may be that those of you that sell on Amazon are marking up your price due to the Amazon overhead and selling cheaper on your own store, you all seem to be the exception.

I've actually bought stuff at Target that came out cheaper than Amazon which makes me feel better that I still have some options. How long this will be an option who knows.
Appreciate 0