Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Z4 M40i

Garage List
2024 BMW X5 M60  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkiger View Post
Picked my Z4 M40i up about 2 weeks ago and now have about 480 miles on odometer. Initial thoughts are that is a very nice car and better then the E-89 35i I just turned in. Some gremlins I have experienced in my short two weeks are:
1. Windshield wipers on intermittent speed hop, jump, bounce, stick on windshield. Only when you have a full windshield of water (rain) will the wipers function properly. I've cleaned the windshield and wipers many times with Stoners Invisible Glass cleaner but nothing has help eliminate this condition. Called dealer and they just said to bring it in for them to look. ugh! Especially for a brand new BMW car. Where was quality control when they did their post assembly vehicle check?

3. General fit and finished not up to previous BMW model standards! i.e. drivers seat thigh support pad does not go back to original position without manually pushing the pad backward. There is a slight gap between the seat and the thigh pad when push backward into its final position.
Windshield wipers: seems to get better with mileage/use. It’s much less pronounced than it was when I picked the car up.

I am not sure I understand your concern about tight support - that is completely manual, isn’t it? I haven’t used mine yet, so sorry if that’s a dumb question/statement.
Appreciate 0