View Single Post
      07-01-2019, 12:29 PM   #29
Joe240
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 C8 Corvette 1LT

Garage List
Carplay intermittent issues is kind of normal on iDrive I've found. Happened on iDrive 5 in my '17 m240i, happens in my wife's '19 X3 with iDrive 6, and happens in my '20 z4 m40i with iDrive 7. Just a fact of life. Usually turn off bluetooth and back on fixes it. Other times I have to delete it out and re-add.

Another issue that happened last week was low oil warning. Sitting just over 5k miles and I was driving around 11:30 at night. Came up saying oil at a minimum and to add a quart. Took it to the dealer and they added a quart. Measured and everything was good. I've heard of other models with the B58 needing an extra quart at the beginning, but this is the first of 3 BMWs I've had with the B58 that needed the quart. Who knows. OCC on my m240i with JB4 showed zero oil after 5k miles in the can so I don't think the B58 eats oil, just that the manufacturer doesn't fill it up enough at the factory, or a small oil leak (which my m240i had a small leak from the Turbo return line).

I've had issues with iDrive 6 and 7 recently recognizing the keys and the associated driver profiles as well. Sometimes I go to get in and it's in my wife's position and visa versa. Might need to delete the driver profiles and recreate/associate.
Appreciate 0