View Single Post
      09-14-2019, 11:02 PM   #20
DesertGuy
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW Z4 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by -cj- View Post
What tow hook are people running that is known to work? I have a US Millworks off my 235 and it seems a bit too short. It's the one without the quick release, but it's the part that screws in that seems to be too short. I think it needs to be 1.5-2" longer to clear the bumper. As it sits now, it's flush with the plastic trim inside the bumper cover.

Edit: is the owner of this car here?

Just installed today a CravenSpeed Platypus tow hook frame. They are advertising a specific 2020 BMW Z4 (M40i) configuration. Thought it worth a try!

https://www.cravenspeed.com/front-li...9-2020-bmw-z4/

EASY install and lots of clearance. I have since installed the plate (not showing in attached photos) . . . and NO sensor triggering

I contacted U.S. Millworks to advance recon their current model (I have one on my 2011 M3 E92) for the Z4 but never heard back so I went with the Platypus. Turned out to be a good choice.

CS Platypus quick release method is - for me - an easier method than USM. The Platypus provides a small wrench to slide back behind and loosen the bolt to the tow hook post. Just slide off and then slide back on. I always had trouble with the USM cotter pin quick release design (tight space and big fingers).

Turned out good!

Sorry - but I could not rotate the first image properly

#1 : front of car with license in lower left
#2 : top down perspective showing tow hook post projection (clearance)
Attached Images

2020 Z4 M40i "Storm Trooper"
Alpine White, Black Leather, Black Interior Trim,

Last edited by DesertGuy; 09-15-2019 at 12:40 AM..
Appreciate 2
SakhirM410783.00
-cj-197.00