gtron
powerhouse
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Porsche 981 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by V1.47fan View Post
I didn't even know "oriental" was a derogatory term.

They should add the term "corn-fed" to that list, it offends me.
i'm not asian so asian's correct me if i'm wrong. the word oriental itself is not offensive. oriental is an object such as a rug. so if you want an oriental rug, cool... go tell someone you want an oriental rug without worry. it can possibly become offensive when you call someone oriental because you're calling them an object. a person is asian, not oriental.

now some asian's don't even know that. they've just heard once by someone maybe their mom or a friend of a friend that "oriental" is offensive and they don't really no why so no matter when they hear the word they are offended. guess what.. screw them for being silly. jk idk, it would be a shame to remove a valid word from our language due to that.

depending on the environment, even words to describe white people should absolutely be offensive including things like "corn-fed", redneck and cracker.

nothing should be limited to just one race. limiting anything to one race is racist in itself.

a lot of PC issues come from hypersensitivity and lack of education. i don't think they teach this shit in schools. if they do, i slept through that class.

i don't necessarily agree or disagree with any of it. these are all just things i've noticed over time.