Neo-Luddite
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 325i, 330i 6MT RWD Sport

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by translux View Post
You forgot about poor Ignaz Philipp Semmelweis whose ideas were ridiculed and rejected by his contemporaries and ultimately committed to an asylum for suggesting and proving that simply washing your hands before delivering babies reduced death rates considerably of mothers and babies. And this was not during the dark ages. We're talking mid 1800's!
All that being said we've come along way in a short period of time in determining fact from fiction in the medical world but nothing is 100%.
I look at it this way do I go with the Alex Jones of the world or the scientific community? I think that's an easy call.
Yes him too

The rub here is the experts are not always right, and Alex Jones et al are not always wrong. If you're not using any discernment and just playing the averages then yes you might be better off going with the consensus, but that is a also a good way to be led down a rabbit hole of quasi-information if you fall any way outside the average.

We have come a long way in the medical fields, but the health care industry as a whole is operating under the paradigm of "sick care" and symptom amelioration, rather than correcting root causes. This sells a lot of pharmaceuticals but doesn't do anything to restore actual health. The field of nutrition is the worst, following the recs of a RD is almost guaranteed to if not outright cause health issues then not improve them either. Ditto Diabetes "care".

To your earlier point, I get it, many people don't want to hear about anything that involves self discipline, much easier to sloth and glutton then go in for that shot or pill.
Appreciate 0