View Single Post
      06-29-2015, 12:28 AM   #8
VintageFD
Rep
Drives: E39 M5 & Rx7

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcman View Post
Eh, I'm a big RX7 guy, as you can tell by my name, and I don't understand why people bother with LSX swaps. But I would never claim that the rotary is a better engine than a performance minded piston engine. I love them because of their uniqueness, but that's about it. Your car is beautiful though. And you should be buying lottery tickets if you haven't blown any apex seals yet. Your experience is definitely not common there, nor is your oil consumption (although I'm surprised you aren't running premix esp for a track car)
I agree, its silly to claim a rotary is better than a piston engine, especially modern ones. I am not sure why Matt brought that up in the video. Rotaries are just different fun/sporty engines which I believe suits the Rx-7 perfectly. I do indeed premix and also "refurbished" the motor last year since it was original from 1993 and I had the time. Just changed the seals, ported it and closed it back up for a minimal cost. When I did open the engine, the internals looked fantastic btw. Tuning is everything.
1977 Trans Am Year One 383 stroker (for sale)
Appreciate 0