03-03-2019, 10:33 AM   #8
m3buckeye
will bring some beers
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lots

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixburgh View Post
Buying a car? Cash is king. Pay cash after you have their best price. Don't be shy. Another option, after you have the best choice for your needs, drive the car off the lot with no money down and an affordable payment plan.

lol, not even close to true. it may be the best financial decision for you as the buyer vs. a long term loan, but it often will not get you the best price.

if you want the best price, negotiate down as far as you can (incentives, holdback, whatever). then tell them you want to use the manufacturer's finance arm to finance it (or the local bank they are pushing on you). for both of those, the dealer is getting money back to them to use that finance company and you tell them you know it and want additional $ off the bottom line for it.

with no prepay penalty, you walk off the lot with only a credit report ding for running your credit and then you pay the loan off with your cash that you had.

you're welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattc1176 View Post
Everything's negotiable, I was offered $2k under my buyout price. Dealers love making quick money, if they can buyback the car from BMWNA and sell to you and make a couple of grand they will, regardless of the buyout.

^this

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixburgh View Post
Times have changed. I sold and leased BMW in the previous century. I guess it's was BMW Financial that allowed that? A Lease Agreement is a legally binding tenant-landlord contract.
and like any contract, it can be mutually modified by the parties
Appreciate 0