04-09-2015, 02:34 PM   #287
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-1Pilot View Post
Never making peace on this.

How, in the name of Zeus' butthole are the sales of the 5GT, the multiple gran coupes, etc. justifiable then? I'm a BMW stockholder and watch the sales numbers relatively closely...

The 5 wagon, which already does so good in Europe it has 4 different engine configs, can't be brought over to the states in at least one configuration? I want a F11 M5, but will settle for a M550D or 535ix. I know I am not the only one out there -- why is BMW letting AMG, Audi, and Volvo sweep up the large wagon market in the states?
The models you have mentioned are finding customers in many markets.
If we take the 6er Gran Coupe since its introduction in 2012 it has become the best selling 6er model outstripping both the Coupe and Cabrio in Global sales.
The 4er Gran Coupe is approaching its year 1 anniversary for the market and we see an increase month by month for the practical 4er.

Both 5er GT and 3er GT are proving very popular and have their specific markets also. The 3er GT has exceeded its initial target of 10% of total 3er sales.
And so has the 5er GT which is also conceived to take 10% of total 5er sales , again exceeded which is why we will see a more elegant and re-visioned replacement.

The F31 is outsold by both the X1 and X3 vehicles.
Audi now longer have the A6 in the US neither do Volvo with the V70, Mercedes only have the E-Klasse but since that is outsold by the previous ML and with introduction of the next GLC,GLE and Coupe and the GLS what I have learned from Mercedes colleagues the next generation will not be offered in the US as again sales did not justify and the new SUVs will fill that role.

No one wants the wagon they want the SUV and manufacturers have to adapt to the customers preference especially when it becomes no longer justifiable to develop and federalise for a market that a majority has no interest in.