04-09-2015, 03:12 PM   #288
BimmerMat135
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: E82M/S213 E450 A/T

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post

The F31 is outsold by both the X1 and X3 vehicles.
Audi now longer have the A6 in the US neither do Volvo with the V70, Mercedes only have the E-Klasse but since that is outsold by the previous ML and with introduction of the next GLC,GLE and Coupe and the GLS what I have learned from Mercedes colleagues the next generation will not be offered in the US as again sales did not justify and the new SUVs will fill that role.

No one wants the wagon they want the SUV and manufacturers have to adapt to the customers preference especially when it becomes no longer justifiable to develop and federalise for a market that a majority has no interest in.
When bmw is working to make sure a car doesn't sell well for sure you will end up with the expected result.

1) The F30 and F31 should have been priced the same for the equivalent model from the start
2) The F31 should have been available with the same option as the north American F30 (F31 320i and xi F31 328i and F31 335i/xi should have been included. Manual transmission option as well.
3) For the Canadian market you only have 2 lines (Modern and M-Sport) Should have been available with Classic and sport line as well.
4) Bmw should have stop thinking were stupid and sell the 328d as a 320d and price it accordingly(I know I got one but it was only because I was able to get a major price reduction that I bought it)
5) The Touring should have the same towing capacity as the European equivalent model

The X3 and X1 are selling better because they are priced better. Volvo is currently bringing new wagons (V60 XC) and V60 are fairly new. Volkswagen is also selling the Golf Sportwagon like hot cakes and they are going to bring an Alltrak version. Audi also has the Allroad and we never heard any words about the end of this car. So If BMW has to adapt somewhere it could be to bring an Allroad fighter (F31 X-line for example). So Volvo are developing the segment so does VW group but BMW want to bring us X2 and X4(Perfectly pointless vehicles). I really see a bright future for you guys...

Last edited by BimmerMat135; 04-09-2015 at 03:20 PM..
Appreciate 0