View Single Post
      06-20-2015, 01:58 PM   #295
ynguldyn
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: battery powered tv on wheels

Update 6/20/15 (I hope this is big enough to make up for the long silence):

F39 is still using the "Xcite" designation. Whether or not it will be marketed as X2, is unclear. The good news is that in addition to the FWD and AWD 25i models (probably to be marketed in the U.S. as 28i), there will be the xDrive35i model.

There wil be an update to i3. Not exactly clear on what that will mean - probably a bigger battery.

G01 X3 is being tested with a range of 4- and 6-cyl B engines, and both 30e and 40e PHEV setups.
G02 X4 is diesel and gas only, no hybrid at the moment.
G08 X3 LWB is planned for China.

G32 5GT will get the same engines as the other G3x models, including the hybrid.

The new generation of the Phantom, just like the Cullinan, will be built on the new 7-series platform.

There are some hints that B48 may get a version with 400cc per cylinder displacement. This makes as little sense to me as to y'all, considering all the noise about 500cc being the perfect size and the single parts bin for all B engines, but still there it is.

The PPK (M Performance Power Kit) for 340i/440i is in the works.

BMW is working on more driver assist features. In the future, the vehicle will inform the driver about the possibility of overtaking, the right of way, and pedestrians behind the vehicle.

Or, and we've all heard that BMW doesn't really want to play nice with Apple, and CarPlay may not be coming, right? Well, maybe, or maybe not.

Last edited by ynguldyn; 06-20-2015 at 04:09 PM..
Appreciate 6