11-02-2019, 10:25 AM   #141
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post
My recently acquired 428 has tints which I'm debating having them removed. This past week at night I was pulled over and didn't understand why. I quickly lowered my windows to help make the officer at ease as I can understand approaching a car with tints may make any officer a little tense as they don't know what's going on inside. I kept my hands on the steering wheel and the officer mentioned that they were looking for a black BMW with tints that was involved in a chase or whatever and thankfully I wasn't the guy.

Do you agree with my strategy? Anything that can be done differently? I wasn't asked for my license/info as they were clearly looking for someone else.
Your actions during that detention were sound. Good job! I don't want to nitpick because there's nothing wrong with the way you handled it. I made a post earlier in this thread about how to handle traffic stops. I'll find it for you.

edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan

During a T-stop.....

.....turn off the car, roll down all windows, turn on the interior lights, and place your hands on the steering wheel. Have your license and registration easily/readily accessible, and have your front passenger place their hands on their knees; rear passengers hands on the headrests. Doing that will ease law enforcement. We are always looking at hands and watching for movement, so making it easier for us will keep tension at a minimum.

As for the tint....

...just remove it from the front driver/passenger side windows if you're in California or another state where it is impermissible to have tint on those windows; have the clear tint that reduces heat installed on those two windows instead.
Appreciate 2
F30lolz6798.50
vreihen1615092.50