Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by scostu View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
With my previous department it was the .40 caliber Smith & Wesson 4006 service pistol. With my current department it's the Smith & Wesson M&P9 (...new hires are now being issued the 2.0 version I believe). My previous department now issues the Smith & Wesson M&P .40 instead of the 4006. I have the choice to carry a Glock on-duty as well, but I would have to purchase that myself and take a Glock firearms course. We have the choice to carry a few other guns, but we can't carry anything we want. There's a specific list of approved on-duty/off-duty guns. On-duty back-up is a .38 Ruger LCR 5-shot; off-duty I carry a Smith & Wesson Shield 2.0 9mm, a Smith & Wesson 2.0 Compact 9mm (..with the 3.4" barrel), and a Sig Sauer P365 9mm. Right now the Sig is on me most often with 15+1 capacity, and I keep two 12-round mags in pockets.
Mind you....I was on the job in 1998.... service weapon was Glock 22. Issued by our agency....I carried Glock 28 velcro to my armor so I could swap magazines.

After I left …..our Rangemaster switched our agency to HK45s.
Do you miss the job?!? I always wonder what retirement is like for those who came before me.

Here's our most recent list of approved carry firearms (...not OPSEC sensitive)....

Last edited by Sedan_Clan; 03-14-2022 at 02:26 PM..
Appreciate 1
scostu1621.00