View Single Post
      06-29-2016, 09:49 AM   #1
JayNayNay
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 320d M Sport LCI

Top Gear UK, Thoughts?

So, I was talking to my brother today about the new Top Gear. I don't know how many of you in America or other countries watch the show, but I gather it may be a few as it claims to be the most watched show in the world.

SO basically before it started it's been a debate here if it will live up to Clarkson, Hammond and Mays Top Gear or be a massive flop. I thought it may be pretty crap but was willing to give it a go for a few episodes.

On Sunday was the fifth episode of this season and I think five episodes is ample time to settle into a what kind of show it will be. Here is my opinion;

At first Matt LeBlanc was given the job as co-host which I was in mixed feelings about, I mean everybody loved him as Joey in friends but for the UK, an Americans opinion on cars is not the same as ours. Your styling in our eyes lacks those sexy european lines and outrageous looks. Your cars handle like sh!te but your engines are impressive.

Over the first few episodes he was ok but as the time went on, I personally find him great, he has a good sense of humour taking the piss out of Chris Evans and knows one or two things about cars.

So onto Evans, he's just CRAP!! He is trying too hard to be Clarkson, loud shouty and controversal. He's not funny nor are his revives any good. Can't drive fast and talk, can't drive fast without being sick.

On the bright side their is a Chris to save the team, Chris Harris. He is Brilliant, knows his cars, drives like a mad man, and is generally funny.

Rory Reid is young and in touch with what the youth want, what cars they want to see and not then to be told "this RS is no good for the back, only a young yob would drive it". This in my eyes is an improvement on the old Top Gear.

In Conclusion, Top Gear isn't as bad as I thought it would be, but it still needs improvements, such as SACK CHRIS EVANS. The show should be hosted by Matt LeBlanc, Chris Harris and Rory Reid.
Chris Evans, Eddie Jordan and Sabine Schmitz should all leave! As the saying goes, "Too many chefs spoil the broth"

So do you agree? What's your opinion?
Appreciate 0