View Single Post
      02-03-2020, 03:33 PM   #31
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Based on the result of the impact, I'm surmising that if the driver did look properly, the car wasn't in sight at over 100 MPH.

One other observation and one comment.

Why is there always a Mustang GT around when carnage happens? Asking for a friend.

And on a more serious note: This is why a new licensing system needs to be developed which is similar to that for piloting aircraft with these cars. Any Douchebag, as is made obvious in this case, can saunter up to the dealership with cash and purchase a 200 MPH car. Nothing can go wrong with this system. Oh wait...

Just as a pilot with 80 hrs in single engine aircraft can't operate a multi-engine jet, the Douchebag should be allowed to drive that monster. When will people learn?
They have this overseas with graduated licensing for motorcycles. I feel it should be that way across the board as you've mentioned.

And I also agree with you on it doesn't matter if the person was looking or not. If the idiot was doing triple digit speeds, there's no amount of looking to account for the closing rate of his car relative to yours. I've been surprised by idiots on sport bikes blowing by mean just as I was about to make a lane change. I looked and the idiot was any where close to where I had to take into account him passing me. This is coming from someone who has been riding sport bikes for years and have had many many years of track time. Also we were going in the same direction. Can't imagine what would have happened if I was going in the opposite direction or going across his direction of travel.
Appreciate 2
MKSixer34171.50
clee1982796.00