View Single Post
      09-09-2019, 12:05 AM   #4
DesertGuy
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW Z4 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7bimmers View Post
Tow hook is behind a small cover plate on the front bumper passenger side. Look for a small section that can easily be removed by hand with no tools.
Dear 7bimmers:

Thanks for your response. The manual picture you provided is the picture I was referring to. Apparently, I have been lead to believe that the manual is a bit out of date and is potentially illustrating a 2016 model. I found a photo of a 2016 model and the expected cover plate IS shown in this exact location.

I have attached a photo from a new owners posting (2020 G92) which shows the exact same image of the front of my G92 . . . and I will be darned if I can see a location on this photo as well as on my car for a (removable) tow hook plate as illustrated in the manual (just to left of sensor).

On my car there is some "scoring" (line cut) of the black plastic left grill piece just below and to the left of the shown sensor. Such scoring is not present on the right hand side of the bumper. There doesn't seem to be an obvious reason for this scoring and I can find no release type latch that allows for the removal this scored piece of grill.

I am going to swing by the dealership tomorrow and check with my service tech and see if a tow hook even exists on the most current bumper fabrication. I just thought front and rear tow hooks were basic needs (requirements?).

Thanks for your help though.
Attached Images

2020 Z4 M40i "Storm Trooper"
Alpine White, Black Leather, Black Interior Trim,
Appreciate 0