02-17-2021, 05:56 AM   #170
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Well my friend , if I was you ...I would throw my words in a scale !
• Lewis Hamilton
After this season HAM is done at Mercedes (90 % chance) His discussion was pretty bad with Daimler regarding his extreme contract demands .
HAM has put Daimler with their neck and back against the wall , because HAM knew that Mercedes-Daimler wants that 8th WDC and World constructors title absolutely !
That's why he got a one year contract and NOT his requested 3 year contract ..
#nolongerfriends !
• Max Verstappen
MAX has an escape clause in his RB contract , from the moment when the RB16-B isn't competitive enough to fight for the title ...
MAX can walk whenever he wants it !
I know already from last week and from today again that MAX is the #1 as for HAM's replacement at Mercedes in 2022 !!!
• Confirmed by Christian Horner and Toto Wolff .
So my friend , probably by this we can't fight anymore in 2022 !
How about that ?
I'd say that you believe any old nonsense that you read or are told.
There was never a hard requirement from Hamilton for a three year contract.
Mercedes are super happy with Hamilton and his ability to return them another world championship for 2021 and after.

Toto has Russel ahead of Verstappen for the next available place at Mercedes.
Verstappen does not have the global status that Hamilton has...Toto sees Verstappen as a poor replacement for Hamilton especially given his childish tantrums and public disrespecting of engine suppliers...in addition to his lessor abilities as a driver.

Verstappen will only be available for a place at Mercedes in 2022 if he tanks the 2021 season (or RB produce a dog of a car) and both Hamilton and Bottas retire...all of which I suspect is unlikely.

Last edited by SenorFunkyPants; 02-17-2021 at 06:36 AM..
Appreciate 0