Rep
Drives: 2020 Z4 M40i

Garage List
2024 BMW X5 M60  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinky2022 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CeEl View Post
Caravana would apparently give me about $60k for my 2020 Z4 M40i, pretty much fully loaded. A new fully loaded Z4 M40i is a bit over $70k. My car is about 2.5 years old at this point.

Wondering if anyone is considering selling their Z4 now since the used car prices are so high, and then order a LCI which are going to introduced in about 1 year and available in Spring 2023 apparently?

It’s going to be one of the last cars of its kind (convertible roadster with combustion engine), so really itching to get the latest and greatest one and keeping it for a while.

80K for a new one with tax, ....
It depends on your state tax laws. Here in FL you get a tax credit for that 60K if it is a trade in, ....

That said I sold my Nissan 370Z 2017 (not to carvana) for the same price I paid in 2017, .... so I did sell it
Yes, but who knows what the trade in value is going to be in a year+ time frame? If it's significantly lower, the tax credit isn't going to make up for it. Plus I save on insurance, …

But unless someone makes me an offer I can't refuse, I doubt I'll sell. I am not actively seeking offers.

The car is my drug.
Appreciate 0