View Single Post
      04-25-2020, 01:28 PM   #2187
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Just a question.....I may have missed it. But how old are you? I literally couldn't keep weight on until my mid 30's because of my metabolism.

I actually hated eating because I had to take in so much food. It basically consumed most of my day.

The biggest impact I believe is to treat it in steps. Gain a few pounds, then try and hold it for awhile until your body adjusts to its new setpoint. Then you do it again.

That's what sucks about the body....it doesn't like change and will fight you at every step!
I'm 49 going on 50. People say I'm blessed to still have the metabolism I do now. In some ways, yes I'm blessed. In some ways no, I'm cursed. I think it's slowed from when I was in my 20's some. But not drastically.

It's funny seeing how I operate when I go out to eat or go grocery shopping for various things. I purposely pick the items with the highest calorie counts. I can sympathize with what you're saying about hating to eat because it was just work. I'm not doing what was doing when I was in my 20's. But I'm doing some of those things I did back then.

Granted in the past year or so, I did work my way up where I packed back on about 25 lbs from 170. That was the lightest I've been since college when I started to weight train. I dropped so much weight due to issues with my marriage/divorce. I've plateaued at around 195 now. Trying to get to 215. Heaviest I've ever been was 212 and the best I've looked. And for additional perspective I'm 6'4"/5". So I can stand to put on the weight to look proportional/right.

I get compliments for how I look now. That's great coupled with me still looking as if I'm in my 30s. But it's so much work for me to maintain what I have now and not fall off the cliff. With my physique where I can rip down easy, if I'm at 215, I'd be a freaking monster. That was what I was when I was in my late 20's weighing in at 212.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8221.00