View Single Post
      05-21-2019, 08:06 PM   #13
Joe240
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 C8 Corvette 1LT

Garage List
Alright, I forgot to do this when I got home so sorry for the delay. Used a 3 foot level with a rotating meter to get angles. My driveway is approx 8 degrees. Unfortunately, my sidewalk at the end is slightly shorter than the wheelbase of the car so I had to do 2 separate shots (with front wheels off driveway/on sidewalk, back wheels off sidewalk... also back wheels on sidewalk with front wheels on driveway).

It's good to note that the flaps in front of the wheels are rubber, not cheap plastic so it rubs away, not breaks, if it makes contact with the ground. This rubber piece is approx 4 11/16" from the ground as shown in the picture.

With the front wheels at the edge of the driveway before going up (back wheels off the sidewalk which gives the car a slightly better approach angle) there is slightly more clearance from the ground.

With the front wheels slightly on the driveway, back wheels on the sidewalk, there's a measly 3/8" clearance between the rubber flap and the ground. The bumper itself though still has 2.5" of clearance though. So theoretically you could do a 10-12 degree incline and not hit the bumper, but the rubber flap would definitely be bending out if the way.

As a comparison, my '17 m240i with mperformance front splitter and stock suspension would hit the driveway backing out straight, so I always had to back out at an angle and come in at an angle.
Attached Images

2021 Model Y Performance

Last edited by Joe240; 05-21-2019 at 08:17 PM..
Appreciate 5
gblansten1966.50
CeEl477.50
clee1982797.50